Playing DVD interfers with modem?

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sun Feb 3 22:20:52 UTC 2008

<----------------------[snip]--------------->

> I don't see IRQ 3 or 4 listed for serial port. Do I have to gink with
> uugetty or set serial? Is that the right place to look?? Ric

One thing I have noticed is that the IRQs will not show up unless
something is actually using the device. For serial ports, the IRQ
will not show up until something opens the port. Something on the
line of if there isn't anything that is going to process it, the IRQ
is disabled, and does not show up in the list.

I don't know if it will help, but you may want to check with
setserial to see if it is detecting the correct UART type. You can
also try adjusting the FIFO settings. If the driver is treating the
UART as if it does not have a FIFO, or if the FIFO settings are
wrong, then the serial port will generate too many interrupts. It is
possible that it is generating one interrupt per character
sent/received.

Mikkel