Good bye

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Feb 5 22:03:16 UTC 2008

On Saturday 02 February 2008, Les Mikesell wrote:
> IDE drives mostly (all?) use the same driver.  Try moving a scsi drive
> between different controler brands or even models.

Been there, done that.  Last time was between an Adaptec 29160N and an Adaptec
29320LPE about a month ago.  Yes, they use different kernel drivers.  Yes, I
had to go through the 'boot from rescue CD, rebuild initrd' process with
which I'm pretty familiar.  Not hard now, but it wasn't a cakewalk the first
time, that's for sure.
--
Lamar Owen
www.pari.edu