bug in network manager? newbie

Jan Brosius jan.brosius at skynet.be
Fri Feb 8 12:47:42 UTC 2008

Hello,

Yesterday evening I updated network  manager and the kernel.
After that update I can't get a wireless connection anymore. Even worse
when I click on the networkmanager icon there is no option anymore to
connect to a wireless network. Before this update everything worked
though I had sometimes to restart manually networkmanager (it seemed
then that networkmanager stopped too early trying to get a connection)

Happily I can still get a wireless connection in my older kernel).

Does anybody have a suggestion or is this a bug?
Jan