List statistics?

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Fri Feb 8 23:34:21 UTC 2008

> Thomas Cameron wrote:
> >
> > Have a peek at http://www.camerontech.com/fedora-list-stats/ to see if
> > this is helpful.
> >
> > Some folks mailers do some ugly things and they show up in the bottom of
> > the list with all kinds of weird special characters.
> >
> > But this is just my first run, the script certainly needs a lot of
> > tweaking.
>
> Thanks for doing this. Show serial numbers as ranking on the first
> column.

Not sure what you mean by this.  Serial numbers?  Do you mean you just
want the people ranked?

> Show names.

Ugh.  You should see how many retarded ways the e-mail addresses show up
in the From: field.  I had to scratch the noggin for quite a while to
get it as clean as it is, and it ain't too clean!

> If you are posting email address, don't make them
> spam baits.

Was actually going to set this up to run as a cron job to mail it to
this list every {day|week|month} or whatever makes sense.  As far as the
list members e-mail addresses being spammed, well, the reality is that
every e-mail address is publicly available at
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/ and it is not login
protected.

> Publish the script as early as possible since others might
> have code suggestions.

Heh - that presupposes I'm not too embarrassed by my weak-assed
scriptification skills to post it.

OK, it's at
http://www.camerontech.com/fedora-list-stats/fedora-list-stats

Argh, I know I am going to be roundly embarrassed by this lame script.

> If you are interested in associating a list
> digest etc, take a look at the code published in
>
> http://kerneltraffic.org/

Thanks.
--
Thomas