Burn CD from Command Line?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Feb 9 07:28:17 UTC 2008

Ric Moore wrote:

> I thought that the GPL was rather Catholic; once GPL, always GPL?
> Which is now GPL, cdrecord or wodim? Ric

The author still retains ownership of his code and may choose to release
it under any license he or she desires in addition to GPL, even dropping
GPL.

The author may not revoke the GPL from people who got their copies of
the binaries/code under the GPL, but the author is under no obligation
to continue offering his or her product under GPL if the author doesn't
want to.

I believe the new tools are a fork of the GPL version before the author
changed his license.