Burn CD from Command Line?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 9 13:37:31 UTC 2008

--- Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 04:59 -0800, Antonio Olivares
> wrote:
>
> > k3b finds both wodim/cdrecord and use the one that
> > works best for you.  That way if wodim is not
> doing
> > the job, you can bring in the original cdrecord
> and
> > burn your cd's.  The wodim/icedax/genisoimage were
> > created from old sources of cdrtools which were
> then
> > GPL, but then were changed to another license
> which
> > triggered the emergence of cdrkit(which includes
> > wodim/icedax/genisomage).
>
> I thought that the GPL was rather Catholic; once
> GPL, always GPL?
> Which is now GPL, cdrecord or wodim? Ric

wodim/cdrkit is GPL

cdrecord(cdrtools) moved to CDDL license

http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/cdrecord.html

http://www.opensource.org/licenses/cddl1.php

You may read more about the controversy(sies)
surrounding the issues:

http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html

http://www.cdrkit.org/

I believe since the license was changed, then so the
new cdrkit was created which has
wodim/icedax/genisomage.

Regards,

Antonio