fc6 and fc7 packages in Fedora 8 - is that normal?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Feb 9 14:26:44 UTC 2008

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> I just user pirut to install some packages and it got me confused.
>
> I searched for unpaper package and I have two of them -
> unpaper-0.3-1.fc8 and also unpaper-0_2-2.fc7
>
> also I found pdfjam-1.20-5.fc6
>
> Is this normal?
>
> Valent.

Having two versions reported in the rpm database usually indicates
problems with packages as they are installed. The older version of the
package should have been removed.
package-cleanup --dupes should let you know if you have duplicate
packages. The --cleandupes option should clean up failures with
uninstalling the older version of the package.

The other issue regarding the tagging for pdfjam is alright. This
version is in rawhide so the package was not changed since your release
version.

Jim

--
The only "ism" Hollywood believes in is plagiarism.
		-- Dorothy Parker