Service start order question

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sat Feb 9 23:56:41 UTC 2008

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 18:52:27 -0500
"Kevin J. Cummings" <cummings at kjchome.homeip.net> wrote:

> Especially since Network Manager treat all wireless
> network connections as 2nd banana to any wired networks (to the point of
> disconnecting a managed wireless network when a wired one becomes
> active).  This isn't always the right thing to do.  Its certainly wrong
> when the primary network (and the default route) is wireless, and a
> secondary wired network wants to be used as well.

The theory here is likely that in the majority of cases the wired connection
will be substantially faster than the wired connection.  Therefore, the
assumption is that most users will want best speed and ba-da-bing!  Here you go.

At least, that makes sense to me.  And again, as you stated, in most cases
where people have different requirements, they also know how to change the
system to match.