Read Apple hard drive -

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Feb 11 14:44:29 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 09:22 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:

>     I have a hard drive removed from my daughters Power Mac G4 plugged
>     into an F-8 computer.  fdisk sees it as /dev/sdb but that's about as
>     far is it goes, nothing relative to file type, etc.
>
>     Is it possible to get a directory listing or extract any data from
>     it in the Fedora computer.  I suspect not, but thought I would ask?
----
fdisk -l /dev/sdb

will list all of the partitions and if I recall correctly, there are a
few partitions on an Apple HFS drive.

One of them will be large and that's the one you will want to mount.
Note that in the past, if the last mount was a dirty dismount, I was
unable to mount it in anything but read only mode.

Craig