Fedora Home Network

Joe Byers ecjbosu at aol.com
Tue Feb 12 16:20:30 UTC 2008

Da Rock <rock_on_the_web <at> hotmail.com> writes:

No problem on the hijack:)  It fits the theme here.

I appreciate everyones' comments. It looks like I need look into NIS using
NFS and LDAP, and later on rsync for the laptop.  I have the NFS working
on my linux desktop, just need to migrate the local home dir
(my wife has all her bookmarksand some documents there) to the server
and change the mount points as well as getting the NIS to work in conjunction.

The laptop I will probably set the same but with one login that does
not require the NFS/NIS mount thereby letting the OS timeout on these
connection if I take the machine out of the house.  I do not like
laptops except for convenience of flexibility to work around the house.
I prefer VNC and when I have traveled in the past I carry a CD with
VNC client on it so I can connect to my server securely.

Thank you
Joe