wpa encryption of wireless network how to?

Jan Brosius jan.brosius at skynet.be
Tue Feb 12 20:30:46 UTC 2008

Hi,

I use a laptop Acer Aspire 9920G and I use Fedora 8. I have now a
wireless connection with the internet. I would like to secure this
connection.
With the network gui I have created a wireless device wlan0. The
wireless settings fo this device are
MODE : Master
Network Name (SSID) : Auto

What is the best way to encrypt this connection. Where can I find
information for a linux newbie? I have the impression that it is
impossible to use the gnome gui to encrypt this wireless connection.
Do I have to use wpa_supplicant and if so how or where can I find
information

Thanks for any help
Jan