yum update inconsistency

Mike Iglesias iglesias at uci.edu
Wed Feb 13 18:35:27 UTC 2008

François Patte wrote:
> In fact yum refuses to update the kernel: I run 2.6.23.14-115.fc8
> kernel, kernel 2.6.23.15-137.fc8 is available in updates repositoris but
> ~ if I run yum update kernel, I get this answer:
>
> no package marked for obsoletion...
>
> Why?

There is a problem with one of the files that drives the updates that may be
causing yum to not update the kernel.  It should be fixed once the corrected
file makes it way to the Fedora mirrors.

Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias at uci.edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926
Network & Academic Computing Services  FAX:         949-824-2270