x86_64/i386

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Thu Feb 14 04:07:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 10:39:28PM +0100, Fran?ois Patte wrote:

> Bonsoir,
>
> Is it possible to prevent yum to install double version of a package: to
> night, I wanted to install digikam and yum offered to install both
> version (x86_64 and i386) and all missing dependencies (x86_64 and i386).
>
> I need only one version!
>
> Is there some possibility: --exclude=i386
>
> Did not find it.

yum install yum-basearchonly.x86_64

Future updates will only install x86_64, unless you say
"package.i386", or what you install has a dependency on an .i386
package.

This type of behavior may become the default in Fedora 9.  It's under
discussion. There's a new yum in rawhide that provides this feature.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch