Any book recommendations for iptables?

Joe Tseng joe_tseng at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 14 19:29:09 UTC 2008

I've been working on figuring out how to set up a transparent proxy configuration using a firewall with three interfaces: the 1st one goes to the Internet, the 2nd one goes to my network, and the 3rd is for a DMZ.  My plan is to have my proxy live in the DMZ and all outbound dport 80 traffic and inbound sport 80 traffic be redirected to the proxy.  Could anyone perhaps forward me to a decent book or URL that doesn't necessarily wander off to other security topics?  (And no I will not use Shorewall.)

Thx,

 - Joe