Fedora 8 iso image corrupted ?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Feb 15 12:49:50 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 12:22 +0000, Pedro Freire wrote:
> I don't know if this an image problem or download corruption, but
> before I download almost 4G again I ask this:
>
> I downloaded via direct download the Fedora 8 dvd iso image and burned
> it with K3b.
>
> When I try to install it it always stops with error in
> lohit-fonts-xxxx

Before burning, and potentially wasting a disc, *I* check the downloaded
ISO against the checksum.  After that check, I move onto the next step
(burning the disc, or simply using that file on the hard drive).

Before *you* download another four gigs, do that check, and see if what
you've downloaded is fine.  If so, it's burning that you need to
concentrate on, and you can use what you've already downloaded, getting
it again is just going to be a waste.  If not, then it's downloading
issues that you need to resolve.

Some reference material:
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/readme-burning-isos/
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f8/