Creation of a DVD from my photos

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Feb 15 17:03:19 UTC 2008

Antonio M wrote:
> First time with this problem.
> If I have my pictures, a buch of ogg files for music, which is the
> tool to create a DVD???
>
> I have already given a short trial to dvd-slideshow but I get:
>
> Input #0, wav, from
> '/home/antonio/fotografie/dvd-slideshow_temp_18471/audio1.wav':
>   Duration: 00:02:05.0, bitrate: 1536 kb/s
>     Stream #0.0: Audio: pcm_s16le, 48000 Hz, stereo, 1536 kb/s
> WARNING: The bitrate parameter is set too low. It takes bits/s as
> argument, not kbits/s
> Output #0, ac3, to
> '/home/antonio/fotografie/dvd-slideshow_temp_18471/audio1.ac3':
>     Stream #0.0: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5:1, 0 kb/s
> Stream mapping:
>   Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
> Error while opening codec for output stream #0.0 - maybe incorrect
> parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height
>
> I suppose that something is wrong in ffmep settings but I have no idea
> what to do (furthermore ffmep is not standard in fedora!!!)
>
> Any help???

I have done this but it is at home so I cannot provide the details of
what I did.  I will look over the weekend (If I remember) and then bring
it in on Monday.

In the simple aspect, I had all the pictures in the same directory with
a simple fade between them to the music and done by a script.

--
Robin Laing