Fedora 8 iso image corrupted ?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Feb 15 17:31:15 UTC 2008

Pedro Freire wrote:
> Meanwhile I verified that the iso SHA1SUM is correct. It must have been
> a burning problem.
> I will re-burn later and, this time, verify the result :)

Another thing you can do - burn the boot.iso (in the images directory)
and boot off that - mount the DVD (mount the image or physical disk) and
make it available via web server on another box. http installs seem to
recover much better from a download error than off of DVD media when the
drive mis-reads.

I always do http installs now - nothing more frustrating than having an
install fail because an rpm file was mis-read due to a piece of dust on
the drive lens and Anaconda can't figure out to try and re-read it.