Network without samba

arunbkn at aol.in arunbkn at aol.in
Sat Feb 16 08:27:32 UTC 2008

Dear All,

Recently I have installed FC8 on one of my client PC for general office purpose. I do not want to load Samba as I don't want user to share his folders, but I want to allow him to surf the network and other PCs. This was also working fine with default setup. But as soon as I start the services 'NetworkManager' and 'NetworkManagerDispatcher' to have the icon on panel to show the status of the network. Network connectivity gone and even by reversing I could not salvage the situation.
Can any body help me, where is the problem ?

Arun