Fedora Unity release

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 04:25:19 UTC 2008

On Feb 16, 2008 6:05 PM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have a bittorrent link for the Unity spins? I get 3-3.5Mbit
> speed with torrent, and 200-400Kbit with that jigdo thing. Last month I
> ran for five days and was still missing 27 parts, so it's kind of off my
> list of usefully fast methods, using no parallelism at all, and not
> letting users contribute to the supply.
>
> --
> Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>

The torrent speed that you obtained must of happened within the first
month of the distro's availability. My past experience with Fedora
Unity is that not long after release there were too few clients to
make a torrent useful.  (Remember torrent clients only have to give
back 4 K-bits/sec of bandwidth ) You are better off using jigdo.