Low level formatting - [was Re: slow (s-l-o-w) install (TRY)]

Phil Clyde pclyde at usa-american.net
Sun Feb 17 18:18:58 UTC 2008

Hello Tim.....
If you had a HD that has a MS product installed on it...
Note that when doing a lowlevel that you get addtional space?
and that the BLOCK sizes are different...also NOT on modern Drives
that you need to reset the MBR, the bios on you machine BY JUMPER
and resize the Hard drive....all of a sudden you get HD space back??
SAFE lowlevel is availaible for most drives on MFG websites...did arround
WD, Seagate, and SCSI drives seem to have no problem with doing this
I run a Web host service and a small leased co-location server opperation
and do this on a regular basis
Phil