Jigdo instructions, please

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Feb 18 22:23:58 UTC 2008

Bill Davidsen wrote:

>> | Are there any clear instructions anywhere
>> | explaining how to get Fedora re-spins with jigdo?

> http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Getting_Fedora_respins_with_Jigdo

> Just a note, in case you miss it, jigdo is an update tool, not a good
> way to pull a whole ISO image. Start with the base ISO and go from
> there, rather than just pulling everything.

As the OP, I read the instructions above.
I couldn't apply them directly, as I don't have a Fedora DVD -
I have the ISO in an NFS-mounted directory,
and it wasn't entirely clear to me if one could substitute
a hard disk ISO for the CD.

If this is possible, maybe it is worth adding
a brief explanation to the instructions.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366