Jigdo instructions, please

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Feb 18 23:25:49 UTC 2008

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> > http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Getting_Fedora_respins_with_Jigdo
>
> > Just a note, in case you miss it, jigdo is an update tool, not a good
> > way to pull a whole ISO image. Start with the base ISO and go from
> > there, rather than just pulling everything.
>
> As the OP, I read the instructions above.
> I couldn't apply them directly, as I don't have a Fedora DVD -
> I have the ISO in an NFS-mounted directory,
> and it wasn't entirely clear to me if one could substitute
> a hard disk ISO for the CD.
>
> If this is possible, maybe it is worth adding
> a brief explanation to the instructions.

you can supply to jigdo an arbitrary number of directory locations
where it can go looking for packages.  the directory location for a
mounted DVD is just the most common one, but you're not limited to
that.

if you have an ISO image, i imagine you simply need to mount it first
-- i don't think you can refer to just the ISO image itself.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.