Nautilus ogg and mp3 audio preview

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 01:27:45 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 02:26 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> I just realized that I can preview wav files with Nautilus (sit on the file for
> a second without clicking) but ogg and mp3 files don't preview.
>
> I found some Ubuntu references that said to install mpg321 to enable mp3
> previews, but I did so and nothing changed.
>
> What do I need to install in order to have audio previews for mp3 and ogg files?

Look for file preferences in your nautilus setup. I use KDE and it's
there to be configured in Konqueror, so I would assume there is
something like that there. Just associate the type of file with it's
application. Mplayer is always a good choice to preview media files
with. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar