problem with permissions of usb key

Tom Holroyd tomh at kurage.nimh.nih.gov
Tue Feb 19 04:49:17 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 17:01 -0500, Todd Denniston wrote:
> Note: I have yet to actually edit any of these, so it is possible the
> following information should come with the disclaimer "WARNING: here be
> dragons". :)
>
> ls /etc/udev/rules.d
> ls /etc/hal
>
> granted I do need to eventually figure out how to edit them

All those files say "do not edit" at the top. Edits will be lost at the
next update. I guess. Lots of interesting stuff in there ...

I can see my handheld's USB devices appearing, and then disappearing,
when I hotsync. Why do they disappear ...

> Cool never read Zarathustra's quote before.

Is script, I can upload ya. Wrks w/ Evolution. BTW: I liked Thunderbird
better but Evolution is *way* faster. Tbird windows take ages to paint.

Dr. Tom
--
When, however, you have an enemy, then do not requite him good for evil:
for that would shame him. Instead, prove that he did some good for you.