kernel-2.6.23.15-137.fc8 freezes my machine

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Feb 19 16:03:41 UTC 2008

Antonio Olivares wrote:

>> > On one of my machines running fedora 8, the new
>> kernel
>> >
>> >  kernel-2.6.23.15-137.fc8
>> > freezes my machine.  The previous kernel worked
>> > without any problems that I know of.  A message
>> > appeared about syslogd and it stayed there.  I am
>> > sending this off from slax live cd.  I will reboot
>> > again and see if it works because I removed it and
>> > reinstalled it to see if it makes a difference.
>>
>> Surely you have at least 2 kernels available in
>> Fedora?

My only point - which was not very helpful - was that
I would have thought you could have re-booted running the previous kernel,
and would not need to dig out your Slax Live CD.
(I have one too, but have never found it as useful as trusty Knoppix.)

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366