comcast website's

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Wed Feb 20 03:51:40 UTC 2008

Bob Kinney wrote:
> I use Comcast also, and host my web site via my always-on
> connection-- from inside my home.  This gives you the freedom to
> make your site how YOU want it.  You own it, you control it.

And this is a violation of the comcast terms of service agreement last
time I read it.  Whether you, they, or anyone else cares is another
matter. ;)

> I'd like to set up my own mail server for my domain, too, but
> initial tests show that Comcast, in my area anyway, blocks outbound
> traffic destined to port 25 (SMTP).  After one laughably ridiculous
> conversation with their tech support, I haven't pursued it further.

Even if comcast didn't block outbound port 25 you'd find that many
other mail servers would not accept your mail because it was coming
from a known dynamic IP address pool.

The authority of those who teach is often an obstacle to those who
want to learn.
    -- Cicero