Why are my files on cd truncated?

Andrew Kelly akelly at corisweb.org
Wed Feb 20 08:39:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 20:48 +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Redhat 7.2 linux (2.4 kernel) I think it's a mount problem, but I have
> > no idea why? Other cd's mount fine? Why can't it read this one?
>
> I have no idea, but Red Hat 7.2 is so ancient that the chances anyone
> even remembers anything about that or even cares is remote. It's a bit
> like asking about Windows 3.1 problems.
>
> Alan

Really? Redhat 7.2 and 7.3 are the last functioning releases to come
out of the mill before the morph into Fedora. OK, admittedly 9.0 could
*nearly* be considered production deployable, but 8 was an abomination
in that sense, and everything since has been a rapidly rolling Beta++.

I think you'd be a bit surprised how many 7.2 and 7.3 deployments are
still out there puttering along and earning money.

Andy