Disable USB ports

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Feb 20 12:26:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:

> El Miércoles, 20 de Febrero de 2008 13:18, Robert P. J. Day escribió:
> >
> > that would be *my* first thought -- prevent loading of the
> > "usb-storage" module.
>
> Yep, I think that would be easier than going into the BIOS and all
> that tough stuff that someone pointed out in the thread.
>
> Although, maybe "our" solution wouldn't fit for the original poster,
> we'll see..

i would have thought that trying to do this in the BIOS would be
difficult since he doesn't want to disable USB *entirely*, only for
certain devices.  and i can't think of a simpler way than blacklisting
modules or configuring a kernel without usb-storage support.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.