Best solution for mail server?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 13:58:21 UTC 2008

Henning Larsen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have an old fedora-box which are about to die.
> On that box i use fetchmail to get mail for several local users from
> several mailservers on the outside net.
>
> Now I am going to migrate to a new server, and wonder what tools is best
> to use.
> I would like a graphical tool to add remove/mail accounts and other
> configuring. Today I use webmin, but that's not even part of Fedora.
>
> So, what tools would you kind folks recommend?

You might like SMEserver for this if you are starting from scratch.  It
is based on CentOS so the underlying packages are very similar to fedora
but the system management is completely handled through a simple web
interface.  It can be configured as an internet gateway with file and
print services as well as email but you can just use what you need.
Using fetchmail with multidrop is an included option but you might have
to tweak it to use more than one server.  Otherwise everything is
fill-in-the-form simple. It is at http://www.contribs.org.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com