FC8 and NFS service

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Feb 20 19:32:40 UTC 2008

I am trying to replace a bunch of NFS servers with new machines running
FC8. The NFS server is doing some kind of evil security check which was
not present in FC1, causing connection rejects like "invalid port
XXXXXX" messages. Since the port works against the FC1 server, and there
are 120-140 clients per server, running various operating systems, the
solution lies in telling the NFS service to stop doing the unwanted
security check and treat anything coming through iptables as valid.

Has someone a thought on this? Changing clients isn't going to happen,
and it seems the Solaris NFS server works (or the upgrade from FC1 might
be dropped).

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>