Worthless daemon

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Feb 20 23:27:32 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 22:11 +0000, Chris Nolan wrote:
> I think the OP already disabled the yum-updatesd service and is asking
> what it could be that is trying to connect to yum-updatesd and
> erroring because the service isn't running.

Probably "puplet" the "software update notifier", which can be found in
your session preferences as a "startup program".  It makes use of that
service to see what's available as an update, then gives you notices
about them.

Try unticking it, and see if the problem goes away.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.