Worthless daemon

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Feb 21 08:42:25 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 17:14 -0800, TNWestTex wrote:
> Don't see puplet in the KDE menus.  I do have Gnome installed to
> remind me that i don't like it so will do a switch and look there.

It's not in the menus in Gnome, either.  It's an applet that's started
as a preference.  KDE might use it, or something else.  You could check
the list of running processes, and see what turns up.  It's part of the
pirut package.

I don't have KDE installed on most of my computers.  The few I have
installed convinced me I didn't want it.   ;-)   I want to spend more
time using the computer than configuring it.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.