How do i turn GDM sounds on?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Feb 21 11:23:19 UTC 2008

Mark wrote:
>> I'd say they are bugs. I see the user list, type in the password and do
>>  not consider sound as important for a Graphical login which only is
>>  momentarily used. There should be a sight impaired program separately
>>  for login related to sound. I don't thing that there is one, but it
>>  would be a valuable tool for sight limited circumstances.
>>
>>  Jim
>
> Could you confirm them?
> btw they are not an issue on another operating system i tried (ubuntu).

Presently I am using rawhide and the graphics display is broken for me.
I have a radeon card where the gdm respawns. I believe I can set the ati
card to settings which would allow gdm to load successfully.

I never examined the login manager for sound features before since it is
used for such a short time to login, so pretty unexplored in my computing.

If Fedora 8 is having problems with gdm and sound, it is probably a bug
introduced in the Fedora version used.

Jim