kernel panic on Fedora 8 - a serious bug!

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 11:44:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Jim van Wel <jim at coolzero.info> wrote:
> Hi there,
>

>  > How do I capture it? My desktop is frozen and I can't open the cli.
>
>  First try to get in a console with CTRL + ALT + F1 to see if your X is
>  just frozen and not the whole system. Because how could you know it's
>  really a kernel panic. If so, sometimes it's somewhere in
>  /var/log/messages if you are lucky. If not, disable the NetworkManager for
>  now and try to debug like loading and unloading the modules by hand. For
>  instance:
>
>  rmmod modulename
>  modprobe modulename
>
>  and see if it crashes.
>
>  Greetings,
>  Jim.

My caps lock led i blinking and everything is frozen... not even
CTRL-ALT-F1 is working. I believe this is a kernel panic.

I'll think it is not iwl3945 module, because it is loaded before gone
is starting... maybe it is something in NetworkManager or in some way
connected with AP using WPA encryption...

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic