Adding a logical volume

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Feb 22 11:25:51 UTC 2008

Colin Paul Adams wrote:
> I have uninitialized disk space on my disk (/dev/sda), and I have the
> Logical Volume Management GUI tool system-config-lvm 1.1.1 running and
> looking at the unpartitioned space.
>
> How do I create a new logical volume group in that space (the obvious
> way seems to be to press the Initialize entity button, but that is
> greyed out)?

You might need to initialize the disk and toggle the partition to lvm
with fdisk or another disk management tool first. I read that people
have setup lvm without partitions a long while back but not much lately
about lvm with no previous partitions setup.

Jim

--
The "cutting edge" is getting rather dull.
		-- Andy Purshottam