What to do?

Henning Larsen hennlar at start.no
Fri Feb 22 14:04:15 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 13:47 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Henning Larsen wrote:
>
> > I would create a new user and log in as the new user, and see if the
> > problems disappears.
> >
> > If they do, then the problems is easier to locate.
> > If not, you could try to remove some of the programs with problems, and
> > reinstall them.
>
> What is the official way of re-installing a program in Fedora?
> In general "yum remove foo" will remove a large number of packages.
> Can one just remove the program with rpm and run "yum update"?
>
> --
> Timothy Murphy
You are not the OP are you? I thought you was one of those fedora
experts. :)

BTW. I don't think there is any "official way" for re-installing.

When I reinstall problematic packages I run pirut or yum to un-install,
and make sure to check what dependent packages that's going to be
un-installed. If important packages is about to be deleted, I often try
to solve the problems other ways.

Henning Larsen