Advice for Red Hat/Fedora

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Fri Feb 22 21:49:34 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 15:46 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
> >

> > On the other hand M$ anounced today it would rellease 3,000 pages of its
> > Vista and Office code to the public.
>
> Errr... that's 30,000 pages.  How fast can you make everything
> interoperate perfectly now?
>
> --
>    Les Mikesell
>     lesmikesell at gmail.com

by a quick calculation, that is 1.65 million lines of code.  Don't know
about how many might be comments???

That is not a lot, since each line of code generally compiles to about
12 bytes in C or C++ from my experience, so that would be about 18=20M
of binary... IF there are no comments.  That would be about 5% of the
code if no comments are included.  Not much is it?

Regards,
Les H