Advice for Red Hat/Fedora

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Feb 23 00:07:18 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
>>

>> On the other hand M$ anounced today it would rellease 3,000 pages of its
>> Vista and Office code to the public.
>
> Errr... that's 30,000 pages.  How fast can you make everything
> interoperate perfectly now?

Release to the public for viewing? Or using? If it's not released under
an open source license someone who looked at it may write compatible
code and then be at risk of suit for copying code, methods, whatever.

That's why some shops use double blind development, people who see the
specs (I use that loosely) write a requirements document which the
development team then codes.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>