Running Fedora 8 side-by-side with Fedora 7

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Sat Feb 23 12:00:50 UTC 2008

Are there any problems or issues with running a dual boot system with
both Fedora 8 and Fedora 7?

I currently have Fedora 7 (/, /usr, /var, etc) on one disk (/boot is on
the same disk) and /home on a separate disk.

I'm aiming to add a third disk and install Fedora 8 on that one using
the same /home as Fedora 7 does.

I believe the new installation should find the existing /boot and
simply add itself into the grub installation there, is this right?

I am then aiming to migrate customisations across from Fedora 7 to
the Fedora 8 installation and when it's all working OK I will move
across completely.

--
Chris Green