Dolphin issues after KDEBASE4 update

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 16:45:18 UTC 2008

On Friday 22 February 2008 02:09:27 pm Kevin Kofler wrote:
> You can run "kcmshell4 filetypes" to set file associations. (Yes, this
> sucks. Setting file associations from within Dolphin is a requested
> feature, it would also be useful within KDE 4, I'm not sure why this isn't
> set up. :-( )

Thanks for the tip.  Yes, it really sucks being not able to change the file
associations within it.  We'll see in the future :)

> By the way, technically, it's actually KDE 3 using "its own file-type
> associations", KDE 4 is using the shared-mime-info which is also used by
> GNOME and some other

Ohhh I didn't know about this shared-mime-info being used by both DE's. That's
nice to know..that there's this kind of integration between the DE's.

Thanks Kevin!

All the best,
Jorge