kernel update warning

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 22:54:27 UTC 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 7:35 PM, Richard England <rlengland at verizon.net> wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  > I just saw that opensuse 10.3 has an warning when there is a kernel update.
>  > Look how they handle this:
>  > http://www.uploadgeek.com/uploads456/0/new-kernel.png
>  >
>  > What do you think would this also be nice if Fedora had something like
>  > this or not?
>  >
>  > Cheers,
>  > Valent.
>  >
>  >

>  You might look into pup and puplet.

Fedora only notifies you that it has updated the kernel AFAIK, and
doesn't ask you if you would like to install new kernel or not. Is
that not clear from the screenshot? I thought it is really clear that
OpenSuse has completely different mechanism...

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic