kernel update warning

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 25 22:59:40 UTC 2008

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 23:54:27 +0100
Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Fedora only notifies you that it has updated the kernel AFAIK, and
> doesn't ask you if you would like to install new kernel or not. Is
> that not clear from the screenshot? I thought it is really clear that
> OpenSuse has completely different mechanism...

Previous replies to your query indicate that OpenSuse keeps only one kernel
online, therefore you are given a decline option when it is about to be
upgraded.  Apparently there is no simple back-out.

Fedora keeps more-than-one kernel (and always the currently running kernel)
when upgrading the kernel.  Therefore, your back-out option if you don't
like the new kernel for some reason is to simply re-write grub.conf or specify
an older kernel when booting your computer.

I don't see where anything more should be necessary.