Compaq Presario SR5113WM

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Wed Feb 27 22:35:19 UTC 2008

Just bought this computer today after work (mainly due to
affordability), and just wanted a quick thought before tearing into it,
and reinstalling Windows and then adding Fedora, as well as then taking
my current desktop and using it as my server (and putting my old hp
machine up for time being).  Has anyone had any experience with this
type system (or at least the MB, CPU and such) and works OK with Fedora
being AMD 64 Athlon?  Haven't played with that type processor yet, so
getting heads up first.

Below is the basic specs on the computer if not already aware if you
wanted to look and comment.  Thoughts appreciated, especially before I
hop in the shower, and at least fire it up to get initial impressions on
it before tearing into it.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01063553&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3443509&SID=PX3578768af4f94b5f9af78d491c57ef06

Hope it doesn't word wrap on ya.

--