Cups doesn't end print jobs.

John Thompson john at vector.os2.dhs.org
Thu Feb 28 22:17:17 UTC 2008

I'm running Fedora8 x86-64 with cups-1.3.6-2fc8 and print to an Epson
C88 printer attached to an EpsonNet print server. Other machines on my
home network (Vista, slackware, FreeBSD) can print just fine with this
setup, but for some reason on the Fedora8 machine print jobs are never
removed from the queue after the print job completes. The job just sits
there as "active" (even though the entire document has printed), and
blocks subsequent print jobs until I manually "lprm" the job. Then the
next job prints, and again sits there until I lprm that job, and so on.

Cups is configured identically on my slackware machine but on that
machine the jobs are removed properly.

What should I be looking for to fix this?

--

John (john at os2.dhs.org)