add and remove software

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Fri Feb 1 11:43:21 UTC 2008

arunbkn at aol.in wrote:
> Sorry, extra  backslash (/) is also not working, same error
>
> Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
> fedora. Please verify its path and try again

OMG can we please trim these posts a little. :)

Are you using a mirrorlist?
does your proxy allow ftp traffic as well as http traffic through?
does your proxyserver restrict which outgoing hosts you can connect to?

As a test, try changing the repo definition to use the baseurl rather
than the mirrorlist.

* If that doesn't work:

can you manually download the repomd.xml file that seems unreachable?
These lines will wrap!

curl -x http://172.161.432.234:8080 -U arun:arun258 -O \
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Everything/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml

Regards