[OT - was Re: Specifying a static ...] - scam warning ??

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Feb 1 19:45:01 UTC 2008

max bianco wrote:

*snip*

> Sounds like DNS issue. Statically set the DNS to the same IP as your
> default gateway or manually enter the actual ip of the DNS servers. I
> prefer the first option so you don't have to worry about updating dns
> entries unless you have some reason to use specific dns servers.
>
> -Max

Funny that for some strange reason thunderbird was triggered to suspect
this message was a scam - but hasn't (yet) been triggered by the very
obviouus scams that make it past SpamAssassin.

weird.

-=-
back on top.

yeah - it's dns issue.
set up as dhcp. then -
cp /etc/resolve.conf /etc/resolve.conf.save

then set up as static and reboot.
then -

grep "^nameserver" /etc/resolv.conf.save > /etc/resolv.conf

'tis what I do.