Good bye

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 23:15:24 UTC 2008

--- John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org>
wrote:

> Antonio Olivares wrote:
> >

> > The putting in of the picture made their distro
> rise
> > to the top of Distrowatch unseating
> Mandrake/Mandriva.
> >  It is interesting that a background can have a
> > tremendous effect on people choosing a linux
> distro.
>
> Some people will believe anything. I was testing and
> my wife using
> Ubuntu Warty when it first topped distrowatch, and
> it didn't need those
> pictures.

Not that I believe it, what I meant to say is that it
got attention :), comments right and left from people
everywhere.  It (the background) did come out in
Distrowatch Weekly and it got a bunch of hits.  It
rose to the top dethroning Mandrake/Mandriva.

It might have not needed the pictures, but it
definitely was getting attention :)

> --
>
> Cheers
> John