Good bye: Res has a potty-mouth.

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Sat Feb 2 05:15:29 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 14:47 +1000, Res wrote:
> I want people around me who speak their mind, I dont want some
> gutless cotton-wool whimp who wont speak up for fear of having a
> different view than his boss's, if I want to employ suck-arses it'll
> be in the advertised position.

Speaking one's mind, and doing so *politely*, are two different things.
Simply having a good disposition does not imply being docile or servile.

> [...] if I was using the same tone attacking those who speak
> against fedora I would have had next to no comments towards me, and
> you
> know it [...]

Oh, quite the contrary! I'm almost certain (at least, certainly hopeful)
that our community is mature enough that we would not tolerate such
belligerence, irregardless of who or what your targets may be.

Rudeness for any reason is still rude and uncalled-for.

You may very well be an extremely intelligent person; but so far you
have demonstrated only the opposite to us in your communication:
aggressive and childish wording, excessive slang/colloquialism usage,
and fallacious ad-hominem attacks. (Not to mention what seems to be a
lack of any effort to use your mailer's spell-check feature before
sending. :P)
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479