Rotate screen?

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Sat Feb 2 07:58:21 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 07:51 +0000, Colin Paul Adams wrote:
> Is it possible to rotate the GNOME desktop through 90 degress
> (portrait mode)?

It is, and depending on the video card and driver you are using, should
be relatively simple.

Open the "System" main menu, then go to Preferences --> Hardware -->
Screen Resolution.  From there you can choose the Rotation of your
choice.

I don't know for sure which video card/driver combinations support it
and which do not; but my testing is successful with my own workstation
(G965 video using the current xorg-x11-drv-intel stack).

Alternatively, you can use the 'xrandr' tool from the command-line if
you prefer that method. Check it's documentation for more details
(`xrandr --help` or `man xrandr` from the terminal).

Hope that helps.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479