Question on Fedora's RPM of Mailmail and Sendmail

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Feb 2 21:43:29 UTC 2008

Ben Kamen schrieb:
> Oh,
>
>  I'd also like to point out that mailman's Default.py points to sendmail
> in /usr/lib/sendmail when sendmail is actually living in
> /usr/sbin/sendmail per the yum installed package of sendmail 8.14.1
> (oops?)
>
>  -Ben
No problem, no fault, no oops.

This is intended as Fedora comes with the MTA switching mechanism
through alternatives. Just check out that /usr/lib/sendmail is a
symlink. And the "sendmail" binary could be postfix
(/usr/lib/sendmail.postfix instead of /usr/lib/sendmail.sendmail as the
true binary).

Alexander